[Homeroast] OT: 4th of July drool

Lynne lynnebiz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 14:01:20 CDT 2011

I have to admit it. I'm jealous, miKe.

Hope you (& everyone else) is having a terrific time. My day is quiet -
working on a dining table (painting, distressing, making not-too-old looking
older). Had a terrific time visiting my daughter in New Haven, though -
recent weight loss made my near constant knee pain disappear. The
possibility of knee replacement surgery made me very serious about getting
this excess weight off - and worth the temporary sacrifice of not eating
stuff like described here (says I as my stomach growls... hahaha). As a
result, I've lost quite a bit already (still have a lot more to lose, but
I'm doing it) - and, my health has improved already!!

So - my dear daughter took me walking all over New Haven - hours upon hours
- and.. I didn't die, lol! In fact, I now realize I can do this often.

I'll salivate reading your menu, miKe. For now, I'm all set with what I'm
eating - but, who knows - maybe another year I'll actually fly over & join
you guys (and I'll be able to add some of my own baked favorites to Katie's
list!!).

Happy 4th to you & all!!

Lynne