[Homeroast] OT: 4th of July drool

Mike Chester mchet at charter.net
Sun Jul 3 22:51:57 CDT 2011

Different Mike here, but I also have used pellets for many years, first in a
Traeger and now in a FEC-100 by Cookshack.  I buy my cooking fuel pellets
from BBQr's Delight.  They have an online website at
http://bbqrsdelight.com/   They make theirs with 1/3 flavor wood and 2/3
oak.  Traeger uses 10% flavor wood and 90% oak in their pellets from their
southern plant or 90% alder from their west coast plant.  Shipping is high
on small orders, but if you buy 400 lb. or more, BBQr's Delight discounts
the price and ships by truck which is much less than UPS.  I find their
pellets to be well made, with little dust and they provide a good flavor.
Another trick to get more smoke flavor is to put a foil pack of pellets
(preferably pure flavor wood, also available from BBQ-D) on top of the heat
deflector plate when cooking.  This adds more smoke flavor.

Mike Chester