[Homeroast] OT: 4th of July drool

Dave dbcraw at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 20:41:40 CDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 4:28 PM, miKe mcKoffee <mcKona at comcast.net> wrote:
<snip>

> PS added now. All butts finally off and resting yet to be pulled, sauced
> and
> vac bagged for easy heating tomorrow. (vac bags in simmering water)

<snip>

Now there's a USEFUL tidbit!

Mike you've been using a pellet grill a lot longer than I have...
I know you like to use the various flavor wood pellets.
I used to cook on on an offset firebox type smoker using an all wood fire,
and I know whatever wood I used played a big part in the flavor.
So far, I've been disappointed that the Traeger pellets I've used have all
been very similar to each other, nearly indistinguishable in fact.
Have you tried other brands? Which do you like?
Thanks!
Dave

Some days...
It's just not worth chewing through the leather straps