[Homeroast] First roasts in the QM3

Robert Bedwell rlb at triad.rr.com
Mon Jan 31 03:39:34 CST 2011

Thank you Hank.

Couple of questions please.

You state, "the issue with the extension cord is gauge issue and resistance issue."
Since I am using a 12 gauge cord do you think I have too much resistance?

The reason I use the Kill a Watt is the more precise control I have of the amperage.  However, it may be an overkill.

Although I have a Staco Variac I never used it with my Hottop or Variac.  Stable power was never an issue
with the Hottop and doesn't appear to be with the Quest.

I appreciate all you contribution.

Bob