[Homeroast] First roasts in the QM3

Hank Perkins hankperkins at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 20:26:17 CST 2011

The reason why they say not to use a voltage stabilization device is
it is not required.  No computer (voltage sensitive) throttling the
heating element.  The juice goes straight to the heating elements and
some devices can throttle the amperage (think power strip).  Quest is
amperage sensiteve not voltage sensitive.

 The issue with the extension cord is a gauge issue and resistance issue.

I am running mostly 225g loads now but in my experience the roaster
produces a MUCH better product with125g.  Being hard headed, I am
trying to replicate the 125g at 225.  Mind you the 225g loads are
freakin fantastic.

I would pull the kill a watt.  I don't think you need it here.  The
roaster is not controlled by electronics.

Before I got the Quest my engineer and I had a long talk about
Variac's.  According to him, they have some downside.  Don't ask me, I
am NOT an engineer by education.  I think it has to do with the Variac
turning amperage into higher voltage. Frankly, I am out of my league
here.

Good Luck

Hank