[Homeroast] Taste test Quest

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 11:17:21 CST 2011

Barry,
I know many of us don't possess a nice thermoprobe in the right spot in the
roasting bean mass but that said it is very critical that from drop to eor
there should always be a climb in temp. That "roc" or rate of climb will
determine the end result in the cup. As long as there is a constant increase
of temp all through the roast there will not be any "baked" beans. My
greatest fear is seeing a flat line like that monitor you look up at when in
the emergency room or critical care at the hospital and the site and sound
of a red line streaming across the screen.
Forgive me if all this ramble is rudimentary to you. I hope your having fun
with your Quest. I can't wait to get my hands on one and play with the rest
of you guys.
Joe

Joseph Robertson
Sasquatch Coffee Roasters