[Homeroast] Taste test Quest

Jeff Bensen jbensen-0007 at xemaps.com
Sat Jan 29 19:02:42 CST 2011

Barry -

I am interested to hear your tasting notes as these coffees rest. Was
the Behmor roast done on the same day?

I just roasted the first of my A-list coffees in the Quest today and
am anxious to see what it tastes like.

Your approach of comparing roasts between the Quest and your previous
roaster is interesting. I will set up an 'experiment' next weekend
roasting the same coffee in my modified iRoast1 and the Quest to see
what differences I can detect.

-- Jeff Bensen
    Palm Bay, FL

At 01:00 PM 1/29/2011, Barry Luterman wrote:
>Finally, I had enough confidence in the Quest to try a roast with
>one of my A list coffees. I used Bali Kintamani Wet Hulled Arabica.
>The reason I chose this coffee was that I had a pound of it roasted
>in the Behmor and could do a side by side taste test.
<snip>