[Homeroast] Not sure how to fix this

Kris McN krismcn at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 15:41:25 CST 2011

Hey Scot,

Welcome back to the list!  I can't imagine a situation in which getting to
1st in 5 minutes in the Behmor would be a good thing.  I've had half pound
batches of some beans reach 1st in 8 or 9 minutes, but ~10-11 is about
average.  Now, stretching the time between 1st and 2nd is a challenge in the
B; one of my biggest issues with it.  Many of us have developed a technique
of opening the door a bit at key points, to both slow down the progression
to/thru 1st and on the road to 2nd.

I used my Behmor plugged directly into an outlet, and also on a heavy duty
extension cord and noticed no difference in performance, FWIW.

Best,

Kris McN