[Homeroast] Not sure how to fix this

michael brown disracer at msn.com
Sat Jan 29 15:41:26 CST 2011

Echoing what a few others have said, have you played with different profiles?  I think the key here is going to be your time and temp between 1st and 2nd crack to get the desired taste.Also agreeing that your first crack should be anywhere from 9-12min.When i used to even open the door to give me more time between 1C and 2C.Also how much are you roasting?  You didn't mentioned if you've tried less coffee to get a quicker 1C. But again, if you are running it so hot that you are cruising straight from 1C to 2C, play with the amount of coffee and profiles would be my suggestion.
Michael Bb'ham, AL