[Homeroast] It came! It came!

Hank Perkins hankperkins at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 17:33:40 CST 2011

I strongly advise you do several roasts without the data collection
focusing on the way the quest works.  This will help to hone the
sounds and smells and not totally rely on the technology.  I suggest
you had log temps every 30 seconds.  I did this for a month before I
added the thermocouples, Omega data logger and plugged in the
computer.

Suggested first roast:
bring thermometer up to 200c (amps @ 5, fan @ 4.5)
Charge roaster with 125g of beans
@ 1:30 increase Amps to 7.5-8.0
@ 1C decrease Amps to 5.0-6.0
45 seconds into 1C run fan @ full speed for 90 seconds then return fan
back to 4.5
Drop load as 2C begins.

You will be pleased after the beans have rested 3-5 days.

Good luck and keep us informed on your progress.