[Homeroast] First time post

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Fri Jan 28 11:54:57 CST 2011

On Jan 28, 2011, at 10:35 AM, Jim Gundlach wrote:

> If it works really well you might work with Behmor to provide a super control accessory.

The hard part is getting a good temperature probe into the bean mass on the Behmor. It's just not set up for it.

On Jan 28, 2011, at 11:43 AM, Joseph Robertson wrote:

> Personally II still want to built a PID'ed direct readout system to a real time graphing software on my laptop so I can saved visual files to compare my roast profiles on my Behmor.

Real time graph of what?
Graphing temperature from a PID controlled system totally misses the point. A PID will force the beans to follow the curve you've defined. I think graphing the duty cycle output from the PID would be far more interesting.

Or graphing a non-PID roast, then programming a PID to repeat it.

But graphing a PID roast is as interesting as tracing a line. All the interesting stuff with a PID roast comes before you start roasting.

-
allon