[Homeroast] First time post

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 10:43:09 CST 2011

Allon,
Very nice thread morph. Thumbs up on a Very clear description on your
process. I tend to disagree that you don't take very good notes.
Unlike Jim, as a homeowner / contractor the part I liked the most was the
wiring. Not to say I have not had my share of ahh, shocking experiences.
Again I could built the system you discribed here but over the years as a
coffee roaster I have found what you said to be a serious bottom line.
"largely run on intuition".
Your last paragraph says it all. Personally II still want to built a PID'ed
direct readout system to a real time graphing software on my laptop so I can
saved visual files to compare my roast profiles on my Behmor. This does
exist but the companies that provide it want way to much money to subscribe
to it. As far as your nice work with the IRoast2. I salute you. I'm with Jim
though, I would love to see you do this with a Behmor. Thanks again Allon
for your great "Notes" on this not so little project of yours.
Joe

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 7:51 AM, Lynne Biziewski <lynnebiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah, Jim, you did what I always wanted to do! (although I'm very happy where
> I am right now). I have books fr the '70's on my shelf about owner-built
> houses (Alex Wade was an architect that wrote a few I liked, and seems to
> disappear off the landscape, more or less)
>
> Lynne
>

> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Jim Gundlach <pecanjim at bellsouth.net
> >wrote:
>

> > Just before I reached this part of your post I concluded that this was
> > interesting but a bit beyond my level of knowledge.  Even though back
> when
> > we moved to Alabama in the 70's we bought 68 acres and in a little over a
> > year I built a log house on it.  The only work I hired someone else to do
> > was the electrical wiring and when they finished I discovered that it did
> > not work so I read up on it and fixed it.
> >
> > If it works really well you might work with Behmor to provide a super
> > control accessory.
> >
> >   pecan jim

Joseph Robertson
Sasquatch Coffee Roasters