[Homeroast] First time post

Dave Huddle 137trimethyl26dioxopurine at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 13:07:00 CST 2011

I've roasted with a WestBend poppery II, Hearthware Precision,
Hearthware Gourmet, Alpenrost, the original Fresh Roast, the  'wb' (a
briefly marketed roaster from West Bend), a Zack and Dani's (now
called Nesco) and  _NOW_  the Behmor.

I still have the WBP II, Fresh Roast, 'wb', Zack & Dani's - but use
the Behmor all the time, about every 3 to 4 days (1/2 pound batches)
to supply me and my wife with fresh roast.    (The Hearthwares and the
Alpenrost don't work anymore.)

I've run the Behmor through about 350 roast cycles, if I remember correctly.

The batch size, control, visibility, smoke supression, ease of
cleaning and chaff control are major benefits of the Behmor.

ALSO  - customer support from Behmor is top notch!     (I got one of
the first Behmors from SweetMarias.   It didn't work properly right
out of the box.   I detailed the problem to the Behmor site.    Joe
Behm responded via email with a diagnosis, an image and discussion of
how to fix it.    Then he called me on Thanksgiving morning and walked
me through the fix in about 5 minutes.    After that, we chatted for
about 25 minutes about Ohio, Ohio State football, etc.)

Years later I shipped my roaster back to Behmor for a fix I didn't
feel comfortable doing myself.    All it cost was for the parts, and
shipping both ways.    Again - top notch service!

Dave
Westerville, Ohio