[Homeroast] Aster Bunna Ethiopian coffee from Addis Ababa

Robert Bedwell rlb at triad.rr.com
Fri Jan 21 13:42:11 CST 2011

Ivan.....your comments about the non commercial Ethiopian coffee mirrors what a friend of mine in service in Iraq reported.  He took a Behmor with him and one of the soldiers in his company told him of an Ethiopian that had just returned and brought some green back with her.  They made an arrangement with her and he roasted it for her.  Your description of what he tasted is incredibly similar to yours.  He suspected that it was aged greens.

I like the earthiness of the Yemen coffee and once Tom referred to Yemen coffees as often looking like they had be swept off the floor!

I have Jimma on hand but I could never appreciate the flavors from it.  I must have missed the roasting profile on it.

Here is one that I have received several rave reviews;

http://www.klatchroasting.com/Green_Gedeo_Worka_Organic_p/gre_eth_ged_wor_org.htm

I have wanted to order some but keeping putting it off.  Actually the price is not too bad for 2 pounds of green from a premier roaster.

Keep me updated on the Ethiopian experience.

Bob