[Homeroast] Hot water kettle

Jeff Bensen jbensen-0007 at xemaps.com
Thu Jan 20 16:31:33 CST 2011

It's true that the temperature regulation is
'loose'. I get +/- 4 to +/- 5 degrees on mine.

I never gave it much thought since I use it for
french press and CCD (one single pour). If you
are doing a prolonged pour-over, such as chemex,
then timing the temperature and the pours becomes important.

The temperature readout, however, appears to be
an approximation only. With a full kettle, my
readout still shows 212 for nearly two minutes
after the heating element shuts off and the
boiling has long since ceased. I use it only as a broad indicator.

-- Jeff Bensen
    Palm Bay, FL