[Homeroast] Cold Weather Roasting

Mary Vivit mvivit at xmission.com
Mon Jan 17 14:50:21 CST 2011

I've done cold weather roasting outside here in Utah, Rich. Never with a
Behmor, but with a small roaster and a popper. Trying to roast (here)
with ambient less and 40 is challenging. The good thing about your
situation is that you'll be out of the wind. My husband put together a
small windbreak for me, and it helped a lot. That said, I still won't
roast in less than 40 degrees. You might be able to get away with a
small space heater in your roasting area. Should help a bit. Enjoy!

Mary in cold Utah