[Homeroast] Cold Weather Roasting

richard kennedy geoteck at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 16 22:41:17 CST 2011

I have a question.  At this point my Behmor is 'in the mail', but I was wondering about the effects on roasting in <40 degree ambient  temperatures.  I will be roasting in my unheated garage which, right now has ambient temperatures in the range of 30-40 degrees.  I am concerned that the low ambient temperatures might have an adverse effect on my roasting.

Does anyone have any experience with cold weather roasting with a Behmor?  Please keep in mind that I have never roasted before...this will be my first roasting experience.

Thanks!  -rich-