[Homeroast] Quest first roast

Robert Bedwell rlb at triad.rr.com
Sun Jan 16 15:46:23 CST 2011

Brian....thanks for posting your first roast experience.

I have had mine for over a week but not roasted with it yet.  Today was the first day in several weeks that the temperature has climbed above 40F.

I have installed the EricS thermocouple kit for reading both BT and ET.  I have also installed an insulation blanket which may help roast in cooler weather.
I have made a few dry runs on my desk and hopefully I will be better able to control the roast with beans.

Nine minutes to FC is ideal in my opinion.  How long from the start of FC and the start of SC please?  What I am a bit jiggy about is the best way to cool the roaster down before going into
FC and maintaining a slow rate of rise temperature from FC to SC.

Did you have a separate AC line to plug in your quartz heater?  If not I would be curious the affect it has on the power to the Quest.

Bob