[Homeroast] Pulled the Trigger

Jeff Bensen jbensen-0007 at xemaps.com
Wed Jan 12 13:02:27 CST 2011

Barry -

Good move, IMO. After months of reading about this thing I decided to
pull the trigger back in early December, but they were out of stock.
I got on the waiting list, and mine just arrived last night.

My initial reaction was similar to Bob's: It was smaller than I
expected. It is, however, a beautiful thing to behold.

They boxed it extremely well (triple-boxed, with a generous layer of
peanuts in the outer box). It arrived in pristine condition.

Have you looked at the various exhaust mods people have done? Even
though I am in Florida, we get cold snaps significant enough to
impact roasting. Thus I am looking into building something to allow
me to roast in the house if needed.

- Jeff Bensen   |  Drinking Guatemala Finca La Bella JBM Cultivar
   Palm Bay, FL  |  (four days post-roast, via French Press)

BTW: I'm not sure people here remember me. It's been several years
since I posted. I'm the one who put up a page on Earthlink back in
2007 showing how to modify an iRoast 1 with a rigid thermocouple down
through the top lid and chaff collector. That page went off-line last
year. I bought that iRoast in early 2005, and I've been using it
every week since then (although it's about to finally be retired!).