[Homeroast] Coffee Growing in China

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 17:09:34 CST 2011

Paul,
Just read your story. Thanks for posting this. Every since I read that
StarBucks new plan is to grow coffee in China for the Chinese market I have
been following this very closely.
If it is in fact true that *$'s is pushing forward with the yet confirmed
plan to grow coffee for the market there I think this will be a nice start
for java enlightenment for them. I'm fine with letting *$';s pave the way.
Give it 4 years or so for the plants to come to maturity and another year
for the locals to realize how scumy the coffee tastes compared to other
countries that some of them have had the good fortune of visiting then we
move in the craft roasting model concept. Of course this plan can only
happen if the country alows inporting of quality beans. Ahhh, now I see the
long term plan of StarBucks. They know that this is very unlikely. Oh well
as long as there coffee model and mission stays the same our craft roasting
market will flourish at least in the "Free World"
Joe