[Homeroast] Coffee Growing in China

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 16:57:24 CST 2011

Paul and Tom,
Paul forgive me for posting this before I have read your link above.
Tom, regarding this topic of China. I read in a major journal very recently
that Starbucks new project is to grow coffee in China for the Chinese
market. Do you know or can you confirm this? It makes total *$'s dollars and
cents to me. StarBucks has absolutely nothing to do with the craft roasting
market so if it was me running their program I would take the same steps. On
the other hand this would never come to pass because I would never bring
myself to working for them for love or $. Unless I was in charge of the "new
coffee model" marketing plan. Part of that being eliminating most of the
stock holders. Oh well, now you see why they won't hire me.
Joe