[Homeroast] Coffee nose training

Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com
Sun Jan 9 15:50:21 CST 2011

Yep - It's a bit controversial because some of the scents smell
nothing like the thing they should - in fact "Chocolate" is one of
the worst in the set. The much better set is the larger (more
expensive Le Nez du Vin) but it has many scents that are indeed found
in coffee. The main object is to learn to associate scents with
words, so it's good practice even if they are not quite spot on.

>Hmmmm...how to train the nose.
>
>  I've seen this for wine, but never coffee. FWIW, the wine kit was much
>simpler, but was based on training the nose to recognize known flaws in wine
>(such as spoiled cork or barnyard). This looks similar, but trains your nose
>to identify key coffee scents, not flaws.
>
>Anybody,  ever seen this? Tom?
>
>http://www.espressoparts.com/LENEZDUCAFE_36
>
>Ivan

-Tom