[Homeroast] Rocky or Vario?

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Sun Jan 9 14:36:28 CST 2011

Now that you've added bulk volume grinding to the picture no, I wouldn't
recommend the Virtuoso or any Baratza grinder including the Vario. They are
intended for home use, low volume use. If only grinding a pound now and then
you could get by with them sure but grinders like the Bunn G series are made
for this type of thing. And do a very good job. Be aware if buying a used
Bunn G series assume you'll need new burrs, $200, rated 30,000lb burr life
so really more like 15,000lb. Still that's a hill-o-beans:)

We use Bunn G grinders from single pourover to grinding 5 pounder bags now
and then, when forced by a wholesale customer who won't spring for a grinder
for their drip program.

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/