[Homeroast] Rocky or Vario?

Robert Bedwell rlb at triad.rr.com
Sun Jan 9 14:31:07 CST 2011

John...

Thanks for the link.

I have been back and forth looking at this for over a week.

I think it is an overkill for me.  I returned the Mazzer SJ to Nasi because I didn't use it as much as I thought I would.  Although Nasi said he replaced the burrs in the SJ it had the weirdest grind I have ever seen.  Regardless of the grind setting the grind had lighter colored flakes in it mixed with the normal grind color.  First reactions was it was chaff mixed in but it couldn't have been.  I am obsessive about cleaning the chaff out of my roasted beans.  When I make regular coffee I just use the Macap.  A G1 would better suit my non-espress.