[Homeroast] Exotic Coffee Filter

Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com
Sat Jan 8 19:20:44 CST 2011

I am not to thrilled with the Kone, but didn't want to come out
against it. It lets way too much sediment through, and even with a
professional Mahlkonig I could not get an acceptably low amount of
grit in the cup. You can let it settle out, but that doesnt make up
for how gritty the cup is. I think it is really nice, as an object.
It's US made, and I appreciate that Coava went and had this done. But
I feel the results are not ideal. And the price, whew. Anyway, if you
don't mind sediment (much more that a swissgold) it's worth looking
into. As far as all glass filtration, I have heard of this but not
seen it. Well - not including a Cona filter rod, I suppose... Tom

>I know of this one for Chemex made of stainless.
>
>http://coava.myshopify.com/products/kone
>
>John
>
>On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Jon Rosen <jon at jonro.com> wrote:
>
>>  A friend of mine asked me if I had used this new type of coffee filter he
>>  read about. He thought he recalled that it might have been made from glass
>>  with laser-etched pores. I've never heard of it and he couldn't find the
>>  reference again. Has anyone heard of this filter, and if it exists, does it
>>  produce a particularly good cup of coffee?
>>
>>  Jon
>>  Homeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :
>>  http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=7820

-Tom