[Homeroast] Quest M3 is headed my way!!

Hank Perkins hankperkins at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 05:41:29 CST 2011

Sorry guys, been busy with work.

Quest is not UL.  I think you could make it UL but not without some
serious changes. With it not being insulated it gets serious hot.  My
ET probe has measured temps in the 700F range.  I have not pointed my
laser surface thermometer at the outside but the cage will burn you.
Make no mistake, DO NOT RUN THIS ROASTER UNSUPERVISED.  It can burn
your house down.

Safety stuff aside.

I think you are going to love this roaster.  It is what i have always
wanted.  A 250g commercial roaster.

The sweet spot is 125g loads.  This is where it will act the most
consistent, and provide the best results.

You need to use it in  a room where the ambient temp is over 65F.  It
is NOT a garage roaster in the winter.  I recently built some duct
work to vent mine out the stove venting in my kitchen for cold weather
roasting.

It weighs in at ~20 pounds and is easy to move, unless it is hot then
it will burn you.

With a little work you will figure out how to roast fast, slow, start
slow-end quick, start quick end slow and any profile in between.

For me, the Quest is way better than the Behmor (got one for sale now)
and the Hot Top (had one).

There is a Quest M3 page on Google, ask Apri to let you join.

It is a fun tool and in my opinion considering the market, a steal at $1,200.