[Homeroast] Garage Roasting Was: Re: New Classic Espresso Blend - Resting Time

Peter Louton peter at midwestbicycleworks.com
Wed Jan 5 10:42:32 CST 2011

I roast in my Behmor when it is 50 or so degrees.  I add a 105 seconds of preheating and I'll use 10-12 ounces rather than 14 ounces of beans.  I haven't done the New Classic, but if you are taking it too second crack, I'd suggest even using 8 ounces on the pound setting and running roasts back to back with simple vacuuming and cleaning of the temp sensor area on the right side.  At least that works for me.

Peter

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
On Jan 5, 2011 11:23, Jamie Dolan <jamiedolan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wait another day and try...

> Wait another day and try...

I'll have to wait a few days now to try it when it has rested for 3.

We went through the full pound of the New Classic Espresso blend in 1

day.

When roasting with the Behmor, I found the smoke smell pretty potent.

I was thinking of trying to roast in the garage.  It is only 10

Degrees F outside now.  Suppose to be a high of 28, so it might get to

40 in the garage if I'm lucky.

Any chance I could roast with the Behmor at 40?  Would it change the

roast time significantly?

Thanks

Jamie

Homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com