[Homeroast] KONA - Mediocre Taste - how do you know if it'stechnique or beans

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Tue Jan 4 16:32:44 CST 2011

While indeed Island coffees are mild rather than a slap in the face, your
disappointment in the cup is as much or more to do with the roast. FWIW I've
roasted many 100's of pounds of Kona for personal use before taking my
passion profession.

Your air roast both way too fast, and too dark for Kona.

1) Target start of 1st 7 to 9 min. mark
2) Target end of roast 3 to 3.5 min later
3) Never take Kona to 2nd crack, total waste of that bean type.
4) 3 to 5 days rest for flavors to fully develop

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/

http://themeyers.org/HomeRoast/