[Homeroast] larvae in my cherries

Bob Hazen peatmonster at comcast.net
Mon Jan 3 17:51:58 CST 2011

Transporting critters hostile to agriculture is definitely a big deal.  Here
in Washington, we have signs talking about "apple maggot quarantine areas"
and then something about transporting home-grown fruit is illegal in these
areas.  This is to protect the apple crop.

Although serious stuff, I still snicker when I see that sign on I-405 on the
way toward Redmond. . . .  I wonder why Bill Gates hasn't found a way to
have it removed.

Bob