[Homeroast] Quest Upgrades

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Mon Jan 3 16:26:31 CST 2011

On Jan 3, 2011, at 7:37 AM, Hank Perkins wrote:

> My next step is to get Artisan running and then buy a PID.

Keep in mind that "a pid" is pretty broad. There are lots of different types of PID units with different features.
I was lucky - I found a really sweet PID controller that can store 4 different 8 step profiles. I was gonna roll my own PID with a microcontroller, but this ended up being cheaper, but only because I found a great deal (auction for a unit with a low price, and a missing part of the part number).

I also have another PID that is pretty dumb - it's good for holding a temperature, but not so much with the ramping and soaking.

-
allon