[Homeroast] Quest Upgrades

Hank Perkins hankperkins at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 06:37:30 CST 2011

Robert,
Thanks for the positive comments.

Yes, sort of. I purchased an Omega Data logger and K thermocouples which I am using. There is a piece of software out there called Artisan that allows you to plug it into a mac or PC. I have it downloaded but am struggling with some communications settings. However, I am close.  If I add a PID I will have a full blown computer controlled roaster.

In the interim I am using an iphone app. Roastmasters. I have yet to determine how to export my data yet. It is OK. There are things amour the app I don't like.

My next step is to get Artisan running and then buy a PID.

I agree with Steve on 200 but it depends on the bean and the bean load. I have seen C1 start at 185 and 210.

I have run roast fast and slow, start fast end slow.

I do like the roaster.

Thanks,