[Homeroast] Kona coffee tours

Seth Grandeau grandeau at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 12:39:57 CST 2011

Kevin,

Make sure you visit the MauiGrown shop, below the smoke stake in
Lahaina.  That's where they sell the coffee they grow, up at the farm
you were driving through.  It's a wonderful concept (I've looked into
it, but am no where near able to afford it).  They sell you a plot of
around 10 acres, with one acre cleared for a house.  The rest you
"own", but they have the rights to farm it.  I think you get a pound
or two each year.  Basically, they sell 10 acres, but only lose 1 acre
of cultivation.

I was shocked to find out how many coffee farms there are on Maui.
Check out this link:
http://mauicoffeeassociation.blogspot.com/

and this map:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BWtPgtPI9Ss/Ss5JQFA9HJI/AAAAAAAAArs/IXcNmPKFnyk/s1600-h/Coffee-Map-Final.jpg