[Homeroast] Behmor Roasting Notes on Moka Kadir Blend

Jamie Dolan jamiedolan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 13:11:30 CST 2011

Hello;

Does anyone that roasted the Moka Kadir Blend in a Behmor have
roasting notes?  Preferably from a 1 pound roast?

I've done several roasts in the Behmor and really like the machine.
I'm hoping someone has done the Moka Kadir Blend and can give me some
numbers to use as a reference point.

I posted a video of one of my first few roasts with the Behmor.  I did
use the beans I roasted, for espresso, even though they were on the
dark side:

http://jamiedolan.com/2010/12/31/roasting-cofee-on-the-behmor-1600/

(ignore my audio commentary if I made a fool of myself with anything I
said; I though the video might be helpful to someone that is brand new
to roasting.)

Do you think I should take the Moka just to when I hear 2nd crack or
should I take it to 20 seconds into second like I did with the bean in
the video?

Jamie