[Homeroast] Coffee cherry theft ...

Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com
Fri Feb 25 12:54:46 CST 2011

With the market so high, the theft of coffee is becoming a big
problem in origin countries. We were just visiting Finca Siberia, and
Carmen emailed me that all the coffee fruit from the Pacamara trees
on the farm was stolen in the night! Thieves will actually come in an
pick the coffee cherry if a farm isn't guarded. In this case they
handcuffed the administrator of the farm and some of the employees,
and picked the trees. It's crazy what happens when the market surges
and the local price for coffee goes through the roof.
--
-Tom