[Homeroast] Coffee Prices

Bryan Wray bwray_thatcoffeeguy at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 16:09:00 CST 2011

I won't speak for Tom directly, but (IMO) you can expect to see price increases around 30-40% at minimum.  Indeed Tom does do direct trade (Farm Gate) work with the farmers, but if the C-Market is floating around $1.70 the premiums of $1.95-$2.25 (and up) for harder work (equally better coffee) don't look as worth it.  So, because of this, we see prices across the board increase.
There have been many recent articles, forum posts, email posts and blog posts on the subject.  Here are some links to some I think are worth reading:http://www.coffeeshrub.com/shrub/blog/thoughts-markethttp://jasondominy.tumblr.com/post/3171409188/how-coffee-is-like-oil-why-you-shouldnt-be-pissed-tohttp://www.baristaexchange.com/forum/topics/anyone-following-international?xg_source=activity
-bry

Bryan Wray

Compass Coffee

360.831.1480

Bryan at CompassCoffeeRoasting.com

It is my hope that people realize that coffee is more than just a caffeine delivery service, it can be a culinary art- Chris Owens