[Homeroast] Behmor Dark Roasts

Jim Jones jamesdilsonjones at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 21:39:51 CST 2011

I used a Behmor 1600 3 years.  Meticulously calculated that subtracting 2:30
from leg-2 and maxing leg-3 on P3, at setting 1 pound, would give very close
to Behmor's half-pound profile, and I would roast half-pound on coffee.  It
will roast as dark as you like - stop roast where desired.  Discoverd later
that alterations to leg-2 have "little" effect (how little I don't know) so
roasts were longer that needed.  So, I guess the best technique is using
half-pound setting and roasting maybe 200 grams of beans (227 = half pound),
or, 1-pound setting with 400 grams coffee.  I never tried this - was
rough-weighing coffee with 10 ounces volume gong for one-half pound.
Switched to Hottop manual controls - roasting Nirvana to me - with the
Salter scale.
--
Jim Jones