[Homeroast] So strange (Behmor)

Scot Murphy deppitybob at comcast.net
Fri Feb 18 12:41:29 CST 2011

I've got a few Behmor roasts under my belt now and I'm getting the hang of it. One thing I don't understand, though: when I grind my coffee, it smells "bakey." It doesn't smell like the coffee I got from the store, and I don't mean that in respects to stale/fresh. It doesn't smell like coffee I'm used to, in other words. But after a couple or three days' rest, no matter the ground scent, it tastes wonderful, not baked. Cognitive dissonance time! Can anyone tell me what that's all about?

Scot "got some bagfuls from SM to roast today" Murphy