[Homeroast] Behmor questions

micah milano micaho at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 07:20:13 CST 2011

I've been thinking of getting the Behmor to replace my dead Poppery (6
years!). Yhe only thing that is holding me back is that I have read that it
doesn't really do dark roasts. I prefer darker roasts, being a west coast
kinda guy. I'm not a fan of Charbucks, I dont need it to be burnt, but I'm
worried that I wont be able to get a French roast out of the thing, and be
stuck at lighter roasts.

I've seen a few posts about a slow roast fix that is available from the
Behmor folks, and some people recommending a pre-heat... but what I'm
looking for is people's actual experiences. Can you get a decent dark roast
out of the Behmor? Should I be looking at a different roaster altogether to
achieve what I want?

thanks!