[Homeroast] Quest: Engineer v Artisan, or Engineer + Artisan?

Robert Yoder robotyonder at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 23:43:00 CST 2011

Thanks, Frank and all, for the perfectly-pertinent posts!

My batches are so small and infrequently roasted, that it would take the rest of my natural life to accumulate the experience you have already gained.

I am curious about the use of a thermal blanket.  What does this thing look like, as fitted to the Quest M3?  Why is it recommended?  Where is it found?

What is Artisan software?  Is there a PC "equivalent"?

Now if the Lottery comes through, I will start my own Quest quest.  B)  If there is anyone here in the SF Bay Area who would host an opportunity to watch the Quest in action, I'd be happier than a Pig in Garbage! Willing to sweep out the shop.

Happy Roasting,

robert yoder