[Homeroast] Quest: Engineer v Artisan, or Engineer + Artisan?

Frank Parth frank at fparth.com
Tue Feb 15 09:03:33 CST 2011

Robert,
Absolutely you don't need anything more than what came in the box (except for coffee beans and a source of power!).

But the QM3's design allows much more control over the roast than you get with other machines such as the GC or
theBehmor. This opens the door for those of us who are nerdy and/or control freaks to monitor, record, and tweak the
roast inreal time to get consistent results.

I've received everything except the thermocouple adapter and will start logging the roasting data as soon as I receive
it.  In the mean time I've been roasting and logging the temperature data shown by the included temperature gauge every
minute to see how the machine behaves while playing with the dials.

IIRC the use of a Mac was brought up because that's how Hank set his up and recommended Artisan software to log
thedata, and it runs on a Mac.

Frank