[Homeroast] Quest M3 Discovery

ricky carter rickylc99 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 15:39:02 CST 2011

I haven't experimented much with Fan settings on the finish, it may not be
as important in that phase and I do increase the fan a bit on finish, up to
6 or 7 for a short time, but during ramp to 1st max fan definitely does not
work for me.  The idea behind using max fan was to put heat into the beans
fast to get through the ramp, unfortunately it also dried the beans out to
much producing an overdeveloped hard flavor with no sweetness.

I now have a base that produces acceptable (very good!) roasts and i will
experiment from there.