[Homeroast] Relationship of Cracks and Roast Stages

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 01:04:34 CST 2011

So well put miKe. Few on this list can say so much with so little cyber ink.
You have just given away the keys to roast 102 and then some. I wonder if
Tom would consider a cyber roasting course with you as a professor. Wait a
minute, using Toms website and this list and your comments miKe as well as
all the other craft roasters on this list, It's already here. I just wish I
had discovered this list 6 years ago. Very nice post.
Joe

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 9:10 PM, miKe mcKoffee <mcKona at comcast.net> wrote:

> According to Tom's roast pictorial FC+
> http://www.sweetmarias.com/roasting-VisualGuideV2.php
>
> I agree it's a good roasting learning/starting point and most beans will be
> at least "ok" at FC+ barest hint of 2C. That said of our currently offered
> 8
> or so SO's only one is taken that dark, Sulawesi. Rest C to FC. And only
> one
> of 5 roasts that makes our flagship Delirium post roast blend is to FC+,
> two
> C+, on FC and one C (Ethiopia element).
>
> Difference in C and C+ is surface texture smoother C+. Again Tom's
> pictorial
> guide.
>
> Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
> www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com