[Homeroast] Relationship of Cracks and Roast Stages

sci scizen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 22:24:54 CST 2011

If I end roasts at the exact beginning of 2C do I have an FC or an FC+
roast?
I know it could vary a little from bean to bean. I find this to be an
excellent point in the roast development because I never have a problem
hearing 2C and it represents a milestone for any bean. Unless of course I am
doing a light roast, which I gauge by the trailing off and end of 1C. While
we are at it, is the precise end of 1C a C or a C+ roast?
I'm roasting in the QM3, so I'm getting nice time lapses between 1C and 2C,
usually 3 min or so without stalling.

Ivan