[Homeroast] espresso machine repairs

Zara Haimo zara at haimo.net
Tue Feb 8 16:04:10 CST 2011

My Giotto needs more help than I can give it at home - I think there's something wrong with the thermostat, but there may be more problems and I've hit my limit on what I feel capable of doing with the tools I have.  I remember Sandy's disaster with a repair shop that destroyed her espresso machine and don't want to repeat her experience.  Does anyone have any advice on how to find a competent repair shop or know of one in the San Francisco Bay area or am I better off finding a Giotto repair place nationally and shipping my machine to them?