[Homeroast] Quest Amp Question

sci scizen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 18:34:05 CST 2011

Further question:

If my line voltage is 125v and I turn my Quest to 10A, doesn't that mean I
am drawing 1250 watts? (don't have a Killowatt)
If so, am I not hurting the unit because it is rated at 1050 watts? I don't
want to burn out the elements.

Just for reference, my Quest will draw only 10.5A empty and cold. I run it
on a 20A (125v measured line voltage) circuit with nothing else running on
that circuit.

Also, I have been doing what Tom does. I set the amperage at a constant
based on the batch size. I typically do a 200g batch with a 7.5A setting
(charge at 200C). However, I have insulated the drum which seems to give the
whole unit a little extra ooomph! (that's a technical word that only
electrical engineers with Ph.D.s use :-)

Ivan