[Homeroast] Trouble in Kona?

Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com
Fri Feb 4 18:10:01 CST 2011

I don't think this means they can't export. Currently all coffee has
to be inspected to export and I think that would continue. Many
Hawaiian coffee roasters import coffee from the states, and it has to
be fumigated in order to import it. The article really isn't very
detailed, but the fungus sounds like an interesting way to combat
Broca.

>http://beatofhawaii.com/hawaii-coffee-at-risk/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BeatOfHawaii+%28Beat+of+Hawaii%29
>
>Sounds like there may be a ban on shipping green coffee from the Big
>Island for a year.  Tom, have you heard anything about this?

-Tom