[Homeroast] Behmor or less

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Fri Feb 4 14:08:11 CST 2011

At 11:33 AM 2/4/2011, you wrote:

>Today was the day to try roasting again. Determined to make it a
>shorter roast, I fired up the Behmor for 2 minutes at P1 before
>adding the beans (Panama Finca la Camiseta), then set it to 1 pound,
>P2, and B.

Which chaff tray do you have? The old tall one or the new low one?  I
have the old one and I line it with aluminium foil shiny side to the
drum. It sped up my roasts quite a bit though the door open trick
takes a lot longer and there is nothing to see through the window. I
roast 12 to 13 ounces on 1lb P2B with a 2 minute or so preheat with
the beans in the roaster and usually hit first just as the power
drops.  The cycling means that you've hit the thermostat limit
temperature and the machine is trying to maintain temperature. That's
also what happens during the power drop stage.

Ira