[Homeroast] Quest Amp Question

Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com
Thu Feb 3 16:43:16 CST 2011

Just a comment: I tend to use about 7.5 amp setting, then use the air
speed to shape the roast. I make adjustments to the amps on the fly
and especially alter it for batch size, but I find that once the
coffee is warm, higher air speed will accelerate the roast and lower
will slow it down - I see it as my fine-tuning control. I use 125
grams on average... Of course, there are many ways of approaching the
roast, and since it is quite a manual machine, it allows you to do
whatever you like! Even with extreme settings I have found it hard to
scorch coffee in a Quest, although I am sure it could be done.

>Thank You all very much. Back to tweaking my profiles. Glad my house is
>wired correctly and my Quest is working correctly. A poor mechanic always
>blames his tools first.Now to relearn the craft of roasting.
>
>On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Rich <rich-mail at octoxol.com> wrote:
>
>>  The current available is not determined by the circuit breaker rating. The
>>  max available is determined by the circuit breaker rating though. The
>>  current is determined by the applied voltage and the resistance that the
>>  voltage is applied to.  E=IR
>>

>>  On 02/03/2011 03:00 PM, Barry Luterman wrote:
>>
>>>   I have been having difficulty nailing a roast with my new Quest. Today I
>>>  plugged it in empty turned it on opened the amp switch all the way  and
>>>  the
>>>  meter went only to 11. This has me wondering if I am not getting enough
>>>  Amperage out of the socket. They are supposed to be 20 amp circuits in the
>>>  house. Do the other Quests behave the same?
>>>  Homeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :
>>>  http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=7820

>>  Homeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :
>>  http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=7820

-Tom