[Homeroast] Roasting and making coffee at high altitude

Frank Parth fparth at mac.com
Thu Feb 3 11:01:48 CST 2011

Phil,
My wife has a house in Incline Village, NV, on the shores of Lake Tahoe. We go there for some skiing in the winter and
hiking/fishing in the summer.

At 7200 feet we face this problem every trip. For me what works is to grind a little finer and to steep a little
longerthan I do at home. At a boiling temp of 198 you just can't extract flavors as fast.

Frank