[Homeroast] Roasting and making coffee at high altitude

Jim Gundlach pecanjim at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 3 10:59:51 CST 2011

On Feb 3, 2011, at 9:23 AM, Phil Palmintere wrote:

> Do any of you have experience roasting / making coffee at altitude?

I was never up in the Rockies for more than two weeks at a time, but my history includes about 40 such trips,  so I just roasted at home for the trip.  However, I did find the Moka Pot produced very tasty coffe at about 6500 feet.  It was also easy to pack for the trips.  I find the Moka brew a bit burnt tasting at home but my kitchen floor is only 244 feet above sea level.
pecan jim